My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://rantsnrascals.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

small talk 6: 6 romantic things that have happened to me.



It's Valentines Day, and of course what better way to celebrate than with small talk six: 6 romantic or unromantic things that have happened to me.

I chose 6 romantic things. If you are participating in SmTk6 then please head on over to momdot.com to log in.

1.) Met my husband online. We talked for a month before finally meeting at a coffee shop.

2.) After a week of being with my husband (while we dated) he asked me to marry him. We were lying in bed when he leaned over and said "I'm going to marry you -- you know. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me." Talk about making a girl happy.

3.) Our first real date was on Valentines Day. He took me to a restaurant for Lady & The Tramp spaghetti for two. It was quiet and romantic. He had flowers for me, two painted blue roses and one green, my favorite colors. He also had my favorite wine which he dropped off at the restaurant before hand. We sat there and ate spaghetti and meatballs on one platter with two forks. Toward the end he put one of spaghetti on his fork and into his lips, raised it up and asked me to do the same and we ate the one piece of spaghetti together. He was trying to be cute like in the movie. Then finally he rolled the last meatball across the plate with his nose in front of everyone! It was amazing because he has a brain injury and he made so much effort to remember all these little things. Finally we went dancing where he announced our engagement to everyone in the country club, then we came home and snuggled on the sofa and watched--you guessed it Lady and the Tramp. It was the best night of my life!

4.) After a really long day working, I came home tired with my body aching. Corky (my hubby) had made me a nice dinner, my favorite pasta. He had asked my aunt to babysit my son for the night. But while dinner was cooking he gave me a card for no reason. It read: "The past several months have been a miracle for me. You give me hope and I'm so grateful for the love you have given me. I can't wait to make you my wife. Here is a little token of my love." And inside was a massage treatment at a local spa already booked for a hot oil massage which I'd never had before. And it wasn't even my birthday!

5.) Coming home and finding homemade pancakes with chocolate chips made by my boys, hockey dude and corky just for mom.

6.) Getting married, December 22, just before Christmas a small intimate gathering and then renewing our vows in July in front of his family. Getting married twice in one year was very romantic.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate all comments and opinions and can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blogs

My Blogfrog

Sponsors

 

Rants n' Rascals Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates