My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://rantsnrascals.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 1, 2010

blog hop: about 20 years ago?


This Monday's Blog Hop Topic: About 20 years ago.

Where were you 20 years ago?  What were you doing?  Where were you going?  Which direction was your life headed?  And how is your life different now then you thought it would be?

Well going back and looking almost made me fall over laughing because looking back nearly twenty years and where I should have been compared to what I was actually doing was NOT what I expected.


20 years ago I was...


16 years old and a high school drop out.
Should have been graduating high school but was instead working for Yellow Cabs in Vancouver BC making twelve bucks an hour.
Moving out to Surrey after living in the same place for most of my life.
Still single and searching for a boyfriend.
Unhappy with myself for reasons I didn't understand.  I had bipoloar disorder but hadn't been diagnosed yet. So basically I thought I was just crazy with no hope.
I was still living at home in Earl Adams Village
My best friend was Anne Stallwood and we'd been friends since we were thirteen years old.
I was drinking by this time.
I was smoking by this time.
I hadn't had sex yet.
I wasn't even thinking about marriage or kids.
I was sneaking out of the house to go and party and telling my parents I was going to a friends house.
I was only a kid and had no idea which direction my life was headed.  The following year I met my son's father, moved out on my own and spent twleve years in an abusive relationship.  I was up and down emotionally because I hadn't been diagnosed yet with my disability and had no idea why I felt so lonely and depressed all the time.

My life has changed drastically.  I'm a full time stay at home mom, caregiver to my husband a TBI (traumatic brain injury) survivor and caregiver to our son PB (Pickleboy) who has Cerebral Palsy.  I write full time for various online publications.  I'm working on getting my first novel into ebook format to sell online.  I have two boys and I'm married to a wonderful man.

I got diagnosed finally in my twenties and I'm on regular medication for my bipolar disorder.  I am still friends with Anne Stallwood, although we don't see one another as often as I would like.  My life right now is where I want it.  I'm happy, have a good marriage and kids, family and friends that I absolutely love!


MckLinky Blog Hop


Photobucket

3 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments on February 1, 2010 at 8:59 PM said...

I am here through the Blog hop... 20 years...isnt it amazing how much changes occur in our lives?
It has been great getting to know a little about you, through this post.

Blessings & Aloha!
(And both your boys are handsome fellas :o) Cute photos of them on the bottom of your blog :o)

Kathy on February 2, 2010 at 5:33 PM said...

I really enjoyed your post. I came over via the blog hop. I am so glad that your life has moved in such a positive direction. Blessings, Kathy

Concord Carpenter on February 3, 2010 at 9:39 AM said...

I'm visiting from the blog hop! God bless you and give you the strength you need to continue to be a great mom and wife.

I look forward to reading your blog.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate all comments and opinions and can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blogs

My Blogfrog

Sponsors

 

Rants n' Rascals Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates