My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://rantsnrascals.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

atonement, totally incredible movie!


Atonement (Widescreen Edition)
Sitting in my bedroom, going through emails, watching the television, a movie came on and of course I wasn't really going to watch it. I am after all suppose to be working. But yeah, well that didn't happen and I found myself engrossed in this film, starring Keira Knightley, James McAvoy, Brenda Blethyn and Saorise Ronan.

Okay so if you are like me who watches a lot of movies, I haven't heard of any of these actors, except Knightley whom I absolutely love as an actress. Her portrayal in Pride & Prejudice (one of my favorite books ever) and the Duchess made me a huge fan!

Atonement is the tale of a young girl's misinterpretation of events that have a negative impact of the lives of her older sister and a young innocent man.

The girl sees events that lead her to believe the young man, her sisters lover to be guilty of raping their cousin, which he didn't do. It then follows all their lives and the mistakes made, choices made and the power of emotion between the two lovers.

I loved this movie! It was a very interesting depiction of something that happens every day, someone being accused of doing wrong and how it impacts their life, when they are innocent and how they must pick up the pieces of their shattered existence and move on.

The filming of this movie was incredible to watch and although the move at times seems slow, the power of the story is what kept me watching.

Atonement is a gem! And I for one am glad it happened to be on while I was suppose to be working. It was a nice break from my life to watch such a wonderful tale.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Babes Mami on March 10, 2010 at 2:53 PM said...

I don't think I have heard of this yet but I will be adding it to my list. I too love Keira Knightley!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate all comments and opinions and can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blogs

My Blogfrog

Sponsors

 

Rants n' Rascals Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates