My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://rantsnrascals.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Farah Fawcett loses her battle with Cancer age 62


They are calling it "Celebrity Death Week" on Twitter. Tweeples are posting non-stop about the deaths of 3 icons, Farah, Michael and Ed have all passed away.

Farah Fawcett lost her battle with Cancer this morning at roughly 9:28 am pst at the St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica.

She was very brave according to sources and tweet friends, Marlee Matlin and many others who sent our their prayers for her last night on Twitter. It was sad to see them flash across the screen.

I best remember Farah for her portrayal of a wife beaten by her husband in the made for television movie "The Burning Bed" where she murders her spouse after years of abuse.

I was a victim of abuse and Farah did such a good job relating the pain and anguish a person can go through battling such demons. The lack of self esteem, anger and hurt that follows with it. I also have to say I was an avid Charlie's Angel Fan.

"Hi Bosley!" The famous catch phrase known to millions and this blond haired diva was one of the Angels. "The hot one!" according to my brother.

Fawcett was diagnosed with anal cancer back in 2006 and apparently received multiple treatments for the disease. Sadly though she passed away; her family was by her side including life partner Ryan O'Neal who told People Magazine:


She’s gone. She now belongs to the ages. She’s now with her mother and sister and her God. I loved her with all my heart. I will miss her so very, very much. She was in and out of consciousness. I talked to her all through the night. I told her how very much I loved her. She’s in a better place now.”
A Wing & A Prayer: Farah's fight for life was produced in 2008 and is a documentary chronicling the actresses battle with Cancer. She will be missed by many. Our hearts and prayers go out to her husband and family during this difficult time.

Watch part of Farah's Story HERE. It's amazing the strength and courage she had toward it all.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate all comments and opinions and can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blogs

My Blogfrog

Sponsors

 

Rants n' Rascals Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates