My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://rantsnrascals.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

actress brittany murphy's sudden death a shock!




I remember her from Uptown Girls starring with Dakota Fanning. She played a bar maid, town girl gone bad in Summer Catch with Freddie Prince Jr. She starred opposite Eminem in 8 mile and every time you watched Brittany Murphy you couldn't keep your eyes off her.

She had star quality. She had a sultry and edgy voice like that of actress Demi Moore and the most unique eyes ever that seemed to dazzle you when she spoke.

One of my favorite actress -- you can only imagine my shock to hear about the actresses untimely death. The star apparently had laryngitis and was found by her mother lying on the bathroom floor after the actress had been in there awhile.

Now I'm behind a bit and this should have been blogged right when it happened as most people already have heard the news.  But I wanted to write about it anyhow.

"My world was destroyed yesterday," Simon Monjack, Murphy's british husband since 2007 and screenwriter told Access Hollywood on Monday. Murphy was 32 years old and died of cardiac arrest on Sunday December 20th, 2009

Ashton Kutcher who co-starred with Brittany in "Just Married" by far one of my favorite movies of hers, along side another favorite movie of mine "Clueless". Ashton tweeted his thoughts:

"2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband, & her amazing mother, Sharon."

Alicia Silverstone, Brittany's co-star in clueless wrote this:

"I'm so saddened to hear this news. I loved working with Brittany. She was so talented, so warm and so sweet," said Alicia Silverstone, who played Murphy's best friend in 1995's Clueless, in a statement. "I always felt connected to her as we shared a very special experience in our lives together. I feel love in my heart for her and hope she is at peace."

Many other stars tweeted her thoughts, many stars I follow.  It's sad and it truly shows that movie stars are only different from us because of what they do, their jobs and in every other facet in life; they are still human and grieve when a friend passes away.

"Brittany Murphy was in Drop Dead Gorgeous with me and was the sweetest and most adorable," Denise Richards wrote on her Twitter page. "Tragic, sad & devastating. Her poor family."

The reasons surrounding Murphy's death are still up in the air.  She was taken to the hospital and died of a cardiac arrest and an autopsy will be performed with the results coming out probably next week or so.

It's tragic this happened and I feel for her family - her husband and all those who loved her movies and loved her.  It's sad to see another young star die so suddenly; like actor Heath Ledger who passed away from a drug overdoes while just embarking on his career.

Simon Monjack denies allegations that his wife died from a drug overdose or because of an easting disorder.  He also states she was ill days before.  With so many people this year succumbing to the H1N1 virus it wouldn't be hard to believe if the star suddenly got flu like symptoms and keeled over.  It has happened just not to anyone in celebrity status.

A funeral is apparently set for Christmas Eve, private ceremony and the actress will be laid to rest at Forrest Lawn, same resting place as John Ritter and Lucille Ball.



Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate all comments and opinions and can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blogs

My Blogfrog

Sponsors

 

Rants n' Rascals Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates