My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://rantsnrascals.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

true beauty is mandisa


I was stuck in bed yesterday due to an infection I have right now which has gone into my lungs and I'm on antibiotics for. I know great, eh? Well DH banned me to my room which meant no computer, no television, no kids (okay not all bad lol) and so all I had was my iphone.

I decided while trying to sleep I would listen to my favorite station at Yahoo Radio, contemporary Christian which I loveeeeeeeee! When on came this song called "True Beauty" and then another called "He is with you." both by an artist named Mandisa.

Mandisa... the name seemed familiar to me. Then it hit me, she was a contestant on American Idol the year Taylor won. Lord knows how she slipped past the winning circle because her voice is incredible and her songs inspiring.

Here is her idol audition. Simon is a bit of a dink making a comment on her size after she left, though what else is new. That is Simon!



Here she is singing on American Idol Extra singing "True Beauty" a song I absolutely love about women and girls and how we view ourselves based on the measures of society.  A really great song and her voice is great!



And last but not least my favorite song of hers "He is With You" a beautiful music video with powerful lyrics.  Check it out now and you will see.


You can check Mandisa out at her website HERE.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Kat on February 5, 2010 at 8:16 AM said...

This sounds like a album I need to buy...even more for my teen! Thank you for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate all comments and opinions and can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blogs

My Blogfrog

Sponsors

 

Rants n' Rascals Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates