My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://rantsnrascals.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

denise richards "i'm in" at modern mom and teaching your kids great communication.


So as always when I come across a great story from another mom, I love to share it here, and I just so happened to have such a story from Denise Richards, actress and mom of some gorgeous girls.

Now for those of you who don't know who Denise is (duh?) she's a gorgeous actress and star of such films as Starship Troopers, Wild Things (one of my favs) The World is Not Enough where she plays a Bond girl, very cool and various other flicks.

Denise talks about communicating with her kids and how her and her girls do this cute little thing when one of them is emotional or angry about something called "All in" and they will put their hands in (one on top of the other) and raise their hands up and yell "GIRLS!"  I love it.  It's important as a parent to have something to help aid our children in communicating.

In our house when my boys don't listen...or have a hard time with their feelings and seem to be getting too upset or out of control--I say "You and Me," and I hold up my hand.  The boys will lace their hands in mine and say "Home Team."

It is our way of saying we are all in this together, no matter what we do in life, what we say to hurt one another at times...or who we are mad at.  It's us - we are a team - and we are one.

I love Denise's story about her girls.  What do you do with your kids to help aid their emotions when they are upset?  You can read Denise's story HERE at Modern Mom.




Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate all comments and opinions and can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blogs

My Blogfrog

Sponsors

 

Rants n' Rascals Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates