My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://rantsnrascals.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

small talk six: ummmm yeah flowers are pretty I guess



Want to join in? Go here to learn how and to view the weekly Small Talk Six topics for 2010.
Today’s topic is “6 of your favorite flowers.” You can answer this with a list of 6 words, 6 phrases, 6 sentences, 6 paragraphs, 6 photos, 6 videos, etc . . .

I am suffering terribly with allergies which I never had before.  That being said... I have to admit (shamefully) I do not NOT ever garden.  My mother has a "green thumb" not sure why they call it that her thumbs are not really green but I guess it's because everything she touches stays beautiful!  And being married when FD (Forgetful Dad) ends up in the PROVERBIAL DOG HOUSE for some stupid reason like leaving his shavings in the sink (yuck!) or stacking his dirty clothes on the floor until they decide to get up and walk themselves downstairs because even they cannot stand to be in a mound with each other.

He never NEVER buys me flowers to say "sorry".

I have to choose six flowers - right?  Jeez - okay this is will be fun since I'm a rose with a thorns.  Speaking of which that is number one on my list.

1.) THE ROSE - Classic yet beautiful the rose has long since been a flower of choice for it's elegance!

2.) TULIPS - Not sure why I like these.  Mom grows them every year and I love looking at them.  They stand so tall and proud if only for a short while and they are so bright in colors.

3.) BABY'S BREATH - I love this.  I'm not actually even sure if it's a flower or not but I love it!  It adds to any floral arrangement and is perfect for grads and weddings.  There is something so sweet about baby's breath.

4.) VANILLA ORCHIDS - These smell divine and they are pretty.  They also make me think of a cute movie starring Sarah Michelle Geller (BUFFY GOD LUV HER!) called Simply Irresistible.  There is something romantic about this flower I think.

5.) PETUNIAS - I love these!  In fact they are the only thing I have planted in my shameful excuse for a garden at the side of my townhouse because they don't require a ton of light and are easy to care for.  I love them because of the rainbow of colors they come in and how they wave and spread upon one another.

6.) CARNATIONS - Okay don't laugh these remind me of pom poms lol.  I love them because of (drum roll) how they feel ahahhaha.  They aren't the most gorgeous flower around but they feel so cool when you touch them.



Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate all comments and opinions and can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blogs

My Blogfrog

Sponsors

 

Rants n' Rascals Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates