My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://rantsnrascals.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 3, 2009

friday frustrations: web design fun!



Hey Hey Hey, it's TGIF time! My fav day of the week because it's the furthest away from Monday which I hate.

So this weeks topic is web designing or rather blog designing. DH wanted a blog and I thought it would be a good idea for him, maybe help his memory out, his feelings on parenting with a brain injury which there isn't much info online on for that. I mean there is tons of stuff on TBI's but not on what it's like to parent as a survivor.

My BFF JF also asked for a blog. She really needed one, let me tell you. We sit here and chat, sometimes for hours on end about parenting and the kids and of course we laugh. We LAUGH hard! She has so much material to blog about she doesn't need to search for stuff like some of us (ahem) me.


So over this past week I took it upon myself to build both of their blogs for them. DH's blog is called The Forgetful Dad and he's quite happy with the turn out. He was looking for a nice, classic header and some dynamic stuff to make his site stand out and I think I hit the nail on the head for him. It's clean and very elegant to look at. At least I think so.

JF's blog is called The Shoeless Mommy and it has a fashion theme which I used to impliment for parenting stuff. Lil Miss and Mister are her kids. She has labels like accessories (friends & family) shoes (for being a single parent and dating) don't ask she'll explain it, and tons of other fun stuff.

It's now Friday and after a week of no sleep, late late nights coding and tweaking and making sure everything was set up right. I'm done finally. Both of them have twitter accounts so make sure you stop by their blogs and grab their buttons and give them a visit. I'm sure they will begin posting soon now that they can lol.

I love designing blogs on blogger because of the freedom it allows with HTML and templates and other stuff. And I really love designing banners and buttons, but it's time consuming and a bit hard on the eye muscles lol.

Still all in all it turned out good I think. Let me know what you think.

Happy Friday!




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Tara on July 3, 2009 at 2:17 PM said...

I'm new here - but I'm looking forward to reading the new blogs, this one included. (It's new to me!)

Hyla on July 3, 2009 at 4:28 PM said...

The forgetful dad looks great! Just one thing the scrolling pics at the top are too fast.

If he likes old school Nintendo, he might like my hubbys blog
http://forgottengamer.blogspot.com

And I just got a blog makover!!! I love it!

Hyla

Hyla on July 3, 2009 at 4:29 PM said...

Fabulous deisgn on Shoeless Mommy!

Hyla

Jodi Shaw on July 6, 2009 at 9:23 AM said...

Hi Hyla thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. The forgetful dad scrolling pictures are supposed to be fast. If you click on the arrow they stop so you can read them and search them yourself.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate all comments and opinions and can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blogs

My Blogfrog

Sponsors

 

Rants n' Rascals Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates