My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://rantsnrascals.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

small talk 6: if I could do anything




Momdot.com hosts this weekly meme where each week there are smtlksix topics you can blog on.

This weeks topic is: 6 talents you wished you possessed.

If you participate in this weekly carnival please head on over to MOMDOT.COM to post your Saturday talents.

This week I had to really think about myself because I do possess some talents but there are other talents I wish I had. Some real and some fantastical.

1.) The ability to eat what I want and keep the weight off. Yes this is a superficial one to many but to me, someone who has battled weight loss my entire life and who absolutely lovesssssssssss FOOD! Sometimes I do wish I could just eat anything and not be so worried about my weight, heart attack or stroke. It would be nice if even for just a week or so.

2.) I wish I knew how to drive. Okay yeah don't laugh. I'm nearly 36 years old and I've never had my drivers license. I grew up in Vancouver surrounded by one of the best public transportation systems around with bus routes and Skytrain. I also love walking and so it never dawned on me to get it. But now I made a promise to my son to get my license before my birthday. He wants me to prove to him that no matter how old you are you can still improve yourself if you study and try hard enough. God bless him.

3.) I wish I had a passion for cooking. I really do. I hate to cook. I can make things, like roast, lasagna, spaghetti, noodles, Chinese food -- you know mostly the basics. But I have no passion for the skill. Not like DH does. He lovessssssssssss cooking which is good since we don't go hungry everything out of the box.

4.) I wish I had the skill to control my mental disability better. I do okay and my family and friends accept me for the crazy bugger I am at times. I take medication daily for my chemical depression and BPD. But I still wish during those times I feel so out of control I had some type of skill to just harness the power to make myself happy without medication being needed.

5.) I wish I possessed the skill to make it so my children don't ever have to feel pain (emotionally or physically). It is one of the hardest parts of parenting, watching your children grow up and make their own decisions, especially when you know those decisions could lead to heartache and pain for them. I wish somehow I could stop that from happening. It would definitely make being a mom easier... that's for sure!

6.) My final talent I wish I had is the ability to draw (be an artist). My aunt and brother both possess this skill and it's truly amazing the life they breathe into the characters they bring to the mural's or pages they work on. I think it would be cool to have this talent, the freedom to release all the energy someone and turn it into floating art for others to see.

So that is my list for this week. Don't forget to leave me a comment. I will return comments for all those that leave one since I love reading other people's lists.

Have a great Sunday!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Rana on July 26, 2009 at 8:38 AM said...

Great list! I can't believe you can't drive. You should get your license you will have a lot of fun tooling around town. #5 hit's home too. I wish my babies would never have to feel pain of any kind.

Veggiemomof2 on July 27, 2009 at 2:00 PM said...

Oh great! I read this as I'm sitting here chomping on my salad..thinking about tonight's dinner of homemade pizza & how badly I hate exercise! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate all comments and opinions and can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blogs

My Blogfrog

Sponsors

 

Rants n' Rascals Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates