My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://rantsnrascals.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

not a celebrity just a blogger


Blogging MontageImage by Blogging Librarian via Flickr
I was interviewed by 5 minutes for mom one of the best mom sites on the net. Oh heck, it's a great site for everyone! They have sister sites for books, parents of special needs kids and more.

Anyhow I was searching for templates when I came across the interview I had done to which I had completely forgotten about. It was kinda cool to read it and know it was posted on their site.

I've been interviewed before. Quite a few times actually (for my writing). The last time was for the front page of the Abbotsford News for the story I wrote "She had his heart" for Chicken Soup.

And my first interview ever came when I was 16 with the Province Newspaper and CTV news concerning a story I wrote against the property management company where we were living at the time forcing all tenants to get rid of the animals they already had and were allowed to have upon moving in due to a policy change to which we (tennants) had no say.

Mom wasn't pleased when I wrote that story. Stirred up some trouble.

But this interview is different. It's 5 minutes for mom, and I love them. I also take pride in blogging and love doing it.

Not for you (sorry not to be mean) but because I love it. I really do. It's like an extension of myself, writing. I have to do it everyday. It's like breathing for me. I always have something to write about and something to say and when I'm not writing I'm not happy.

Just ask my family... LOL. I get crabby if I don't get to write for days.

My son saw the interview. He said...
"mom you are a celebrity now."


I had to laugh. He said the same thing when my first story for Chicken Soup for the Soul got published. He was so proud because they have Chicken Soup books at his elementary school and he's in grade four and they are reading some of the stories.


"Nawww." I said to him. "I'm not a celebrity honey. Mommy is just a blogger."


Just a blogger. One of ten million other bloggers out there. And guess what? *smiles* I'm okay with that.

You can read the interview HERE



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate all comments and opinions and can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blogs

My Blogfrog

Sponsors

 

Rants n' Rascals Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates