My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://rantsnrascals.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

little kids can help with chores and have fun




So there I was cleaning - of course!  I am always cleaning.  In fact it seems I even do it in my sleep because I apparently cannot stand things messy - according to FD (forgetful dad) and one of the worst rooms in our home that absolutely needs to be clean is the kitchen.

Our kitchen is small.  Very small.  Two people max can fit inside while cooking before you begin to feel like packed sardines fishing your way out.  So there I was doing dishes when PB (pickleboy) came up and asked.

"Momma, can I do dishes?"

Well now I have to say - my heart swelled.  What woman doesn't want to hear her little man ask to help with housework.  So of course I jumped at the chance to allow him to help me out.  We grabbed a chair and away we went.

PB is only three years old.  And sure I could have said 'no' because I just wanted to get things done and there is a risk something might get broken.  But who gives a shit care.  I don't.  It can be fun and build confidence allowing your youngster the chance to help you out, even if it does take longer.

Plus you get great pictures to scrapbook with tons of smiles and a warm feeling all around.


 
 


 

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate all comments and opinions and can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blogs

My Blogfrog

Sponsors

 

Rants n' Rascals Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates