My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://rantsnrascals.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 15, 2010

google chrome puts a smile on my face


For the past week or so I have been having internet problems. We moved the computer. The signal is strong (portable by Bell) upstairs and the dlink router seems to working correctly. So why on heavens earth was I still having problems connecting to the Internet?

I tried everything. I reset the modem, configured things properly. My laptop has 4GB of ram, 64bit, Windows 7 (maybe it's Windows?) Nawww it can't be. I have over 300GB of disk space, more than my 80GB on the home back up computer which FD (Forgetful Dad) is using.

I was stumped. Not only stumped but downright furious! How on earth am I expected to work this way? I have to blog, my readers will miss me... (okay I like to think you will miss me) and I have emails to answer and deadlines to meet for blog campaigns and so forth.

I did not. I repeat DID ABSOLUTELY F*%$ING NOT want to go back to using IE, even with their new release of IE8 which I tried but only because it came pre-installed on my HP. What other option did I have?

None, when I discovered the problem wasn't my connection but FIREFOX!

Heart broken, because I have been an avid Fox user for the past several years, lately they seem to be having trouble, especially ever since I upgraded to 3.6. I love their add-ons, it's where my friendbar lives so I can post to both Twitter and Facebook and keep up on what everyone is doing. How could this happen, and what the hell in hand basket was I going to do now.

That's when my brother told me to try out Google Chrome.

I know I don't need to tell most of you net users what Chrome is. It's Google's new web browser (okay not so new) it came out before IE8 did last year. New to me though and I hate change, especially when it comes to thinks like my browser, because let's face it. You can have all the space you want, all the ram you want, but without a fancy and fast car to drive the shit stuff around. There just isn't a point.

Well I think I just found my RX8!

Chrome is FAST!  No seriously I mean it's fast.  I have been using it for two days now and I am in love.  The user interface is simple with one search bar where you can search or type the http addy you want and get the results you want quickly.

Do they have add-ons though like FF?

Yes, yes they do.  Their bookmarking is easy, add on's similar to the Fox without the lag time or slow down issues that FF seems to be having lately and like IE, Chrome has separate tabs, so if and when one crashes the others are okay.  Not like FF which completely goes into critical overload.

If you haven't used Chrome yet, give it a try.  Their logo reminds me of that mimick game "Simon Says", kinda not the best to look at and I miss the fox wrapped around the world.  But I wanted to share how much I really enjoy Chrome, and besides having another browser (besides using IE) because honestly who really wants to use IE LMAO.  Well it doesn't hurt.

I'm not sure when FF will be back up and running, but for now I'm enjoying playing with Chrome and it's lightening quick speed without connection problems.  I'm paying for the Internet monthly, so hey it's much nicer when I actually get to enjoy it for both work and play.






Photobucket

4 comments:

Frugal Vicki on March 15, 2010 at 11:37 PM said...

You know, I was having problems with firefox in the past couple of days and I thought it was because I HADN'T switched over. Seems a little better today with some glitches. I may have to check out that chrome, though! Every time I check out something new, though I get set back a couple of days, and I already don't have time to lose.

Jodi Shaw on March 16, 2010 at 12:25 AM said...

Well it didn't take me long hun, to get used to it, import things and get it working the way I want. I love it and it's great for now since our FF doesn't seem to want to give me an internet connection for some reason.

Unknown on March 16, 2010 at 1:15 PM said...

Although I definitly love google and their products, I advise everyone to try all the browsers because you never know what you might find. You can find two great browsers - Opera and Safari, their latests versions have a light interface similar to chrome, but for now chrome is my only browser xD. (sorry for the bad english, i'm portuguese by the way :S)

Babes Mami on March 16, 2010 at 3:29 PM said...

Not exactly on topic but as soon as I opened this I thought...new version of Simon? (bc of the picture lol). I will be investigating this google chrome!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate all comments and opinions and can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blogs

My Blogfrog

Sponsors

 

Rants n' Rascals Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates