My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://rantsnrascals.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

calling all canadians: if you could talk to maple leaf foods what would you ask or tell them?


I was recently invited to a round table dinner event taking place on May 19th in Vancouver for several influential mom bloggers here in Canada to have an opportunity to talk with Maple Leaf Foods about their latest safety standards following the tragic deaths of 22 individuals caused by Listeriosis linked to Maple Leaf Food products back in August 2008.

Of course I am going.

I'm not going just because I was one of the chosen bloggers to attend, but because as a mother and consumer of Maple Leaf food products for like forever, I mean Maple Leaf bologna was all we ate at home growing up as a kid.  It's what I took for lunch almost everyday, that and their ham which I loveeeeeeee.

I'm going because what happened in August of 2008 was horrible not just because people died but when you lose confidence in a product you buy for your family, feed to your children daily and others you love.  There should never be a thought that you could possibly cause them harm by making them ill or possibly kill them because that product you are giving them is contaminated, and I would like to ensure that they (Maple Leaf) are indeed keeping their PROMISE to consumers.

I am looking forward to this event and to sharing it with all of you what I learn about Maple Leaf's new safety standards they have implemented as a follow up to the August 2008 outbreak.  And since I cannot take all of you with me, I want to know...

If you are a Maple Leaf product buyer what would you like to ask them concerning their safety standards?  Do you have any questions or comments you'd like me to relay?  What would you like to see the company do to ensure another horrible tragedy like this doesn't happen again and so you can feel safe as a consumer buying their products.

So give it up guys.

Send me your comments and I will be your voice for you.

You can view some of the new standard procedures and safety precautions Maple has taken by watching this video or visiting their blog HERE.









Photobucket

2 comments:

Spamgirl on April 22, 2010 at 9:45 AM said...

They killed 22 people through negligence... if anyone else did that they'd be in jail for manslaughter. I don't understand how companies can just get away with this stuff...

Honestly, I don't care what they do or say, I'll never buy their products again. Beyond the fact they killed people, they're full of preservatives, sugar, sodium, and all sorts of other ghoulish things. I'd never feed my children their crap.

Sorry to be a downer, but it's the truth.

Jodi Shaw on April 22, 2010 at 9:52 AM said...

I love your honesty Spamgirl, and I appreciate you leaving a comment, I'm taking all comments with me so I can read them to the executives while I'm there so they understand how consumers feel about this issue.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate all comments and opinions and can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blogs

My Blogfrog

Sponsors

 

Rants n' Rascals Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates