My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://rantsnrascals.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

summer movies set to be blockbusters!


Bite me off a piece of that!


PRINCE OF PERSIA
Release Date May 28th

Okay I'm a mom of boys and one of them is named Gamer for a reason lol.  All three of my guys in the house of Shaw love video games and especially Prince of Persia, a strange video game that takes a prince, a girl and sets them off on incredible adventures.  Well now the movie is coming to the big screen and this gamer mom cannot wait to see it!  Starring Jake (Yummy Gyllenhaal) and Gemma Arterton.  This movie will be packed with excitement, romance, action and is sure to be a ton of fun.

20th Century Fox
THE A-TEAM
Release Date June 11, 2010

I grew up watching the A-team with my brothers.  I loved B.A. played by (Mr. T) back then and Murdock who was so adorable.  When we went to Disneyland I will never forget all of us having our picture taken with the van.  Well now the popular 80's show is being brought to big screen and of course I want to see it, though I'm afraid like G.I. Joe and other tv shows or comics I might be disappointed.  But time will tell.  The movie has tons of action and some pretty great stars in Liam Nesson, Bradley Cooper, Patrick Wilson and Jessica Biel.

Columbia Pictures


THE KARATE KID
Release Date June 11th, 2010

I already wrote a post about this wonderful remake of the original which starred Pat Morita and Ralph Macchio.  This time around Will & Jada Smiths son Jaden Smith teams up with Jackie Chan in this classic tale about a boy who grows up in a different area and has to find his way to fit in and face his fears.  It looks amazing in the clips I've seen and I am looking forward to taking my kids to see this film.

Disney / Pixar
TOY STORY 3
Release Date June 18, 2010

Tom Hanks and Tim Allen come alive on the big screen nearly eleven years after the Pixar blockbuster released and this time the toys are in 3D.  Andy is heading off to collage and Buzz and Woody and the gang must deal with losing him and finding their way in a new home in none other than a very busy Daycare Center.  Sure to bring lots of laughs and reunite us with our old pals and antics.  The gang decides to break out.  Where they will go nobody knows but I'm headed to the theater to see this one for sure!  Kids or no kids.


20th Century Fox


KNIGHT AND DAY
Release Date June 25, 2010

I am not a huge Tom Cruise fan but I love Cameron Diaz and apparently this movie is something everyone is talking about.  It's another blow up, action, comedy style romantic flick that has a bit of a Bird on the Wire element to it as the two lead characters must pair up and work together to get themselves out of a big mess.  I'm not really interested in seeing this but check it out.  You might like it.  The clips make me giggle so that's something right?

Columbia Pictures / Sandler production of course


GROWN UPS
Release Date June 25, 2010

What do you get when you combine some of the funniest men in Hollywood?  You get David Spade, Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Rob Schneider and Chris Rock as a bunch of middle aged friends who come together for a weekend reunion after the death of their high school basketball coach and I am guessing tons of laughs.  I have yet to see a commercial for this but I'm in Canada so we are slow to show.  I might not check it out at the theater but will definitely keep my eyes peeled for reviews to see how funny these funny men together can be.

Summit Entertainment
TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE 
Release Date June 30, 2010

Okay if you are a TWiMom like me you cannot wait to see this film!  Steamy Robert Pattison and Taylor Lautner are enough to make even this 30 ahem something mom drool at the corner in this vamp chronicle that has taken the world by storm.  Twilight Eclipse continues the romance of Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Edward (Pattison) picking up hopefully where it left off in New Moon with Edward proposing to Bella, a condition he has before turning her into a vampire.  An army is rising against them and Bella struggles with her feelings for Edward and is torn with her love for her best friend Jacob (Taylor Lautner).  I am geared for opening night!

Warner Bros Pictures
INCEPTION
Release Date July 16, 2010

I saw a clip for this the other day and WOW is all I can say.  Leo has done it again and I want to see this creative Sci-Fi Thriller.  Leonardo DiCaprio plays a property thief who kinda sneaks into peoples dreams to steal their creative ideas.  Now if only we could do that with our kids, our jobs would be sooooooo much easier.  Joseph-Gordon Levitt (3rd Rock) stars as his associate and Ellen Page whom I loved in Juno plays a collage girl learning the tricks of the trade.  This one definitely looks high voltage and fun!

Columbia Pictures
EAT PRAY LOVE
Release Date Aug 13, 2010

If you missed Oprah's interview with the amazing Oscar sensation Julia Roberts covering this film you missed out.  I myself have the read the wonderful novel written by Elizabeth Gilbert an amazing author and now Miss Julia is bringing the wonderful memoir of enlightenment and journey to the big screen.  Julia stars as a magazine writer who travels to Italy, Bali and India where she eats, prays and finally loves discovering so much about herself as a woman.  This movie is sure to put Julia in contention for another Oscar and I cannot wait to see it.





Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate all comments and opinions and can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blogs

My Blogfrog

Sponsors

 

Rants n' Rascals Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates